Here is a quick and easy plant-based lunch for those of you who are on-the-go, don't have many ingredients, or just hungry and in need of inspiration! All you need is 10 minutes. Let's get into it!
Prep time: 2 minutes
Cook Time: 8 minutes
Total: 10 minutes
2 slices of bread
1/2 an avocado
1 tablespoon of horseradish
1 tablespoon of egg-free mayonnaise
1 tablespoon of olive oil
1 cup of spinach
1 slice dairy-free cheese (I used GOOD PLANeT FOODs' Smoked Provolone)
1. Preheat a medium size non-stick pan on the stove and bring to a medium-high heat. Add olive oil to the pan.
2. Take the two slices of bread, spread the horseradish and egg-free mayonnaise onto one side of each slice.
3. Slice 1/2 avocado into small cubes. Add the avocado cubes, spinach leaves and dairy-free cheese on top of one slice of bread.
4. Put the sandwich together, add to the pan, cover and let sit for 4 minutes.
5. Flip over and repeat. Once you've cooked both sides, remove from the pan and eat!
I ate my grilled sandwich plain, but it's also delicious dipped in a dressing!
I hope you enjoyed this recipe as much as I did. Let me know what you think in the comments below!