This is the perfect homemade, energy-boosting snack if you're looking for something yummy AND healthy, but don't want to put in too much effort. This recipe is quick, easy and only has 6 ingredients. You can have these muffins hot and fresh out of the oven, or refrigerate and eat chilled!
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Total: 25 minutes
This Recipe makes 4 muffins
1 ¼ cups of dry oats
1 overly ripe banana
2 tablespoons of flax seeds
1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
1 tablespoon of agave (or honey)
1/2 cup almond milk
Olive oil cooking spray
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit and prepare a muffin pan by spraying with olive oil.
2. Add dry ingredients to a blender or food processor (I used a blender).
3. Add banana, agave (or honey) and vanilla extract to the blender and blend on high for 1 minute.
3. Pour almond milk into blender and blend on high for another minute or until blended into a smooth, sticky texture.
4. Scrape the batter out from the blender with a spoon and scoop evenly into 4 muffin cavities in the tray.
5. Bake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 20 minutes.
6. Remove from the oven and pan, let cool for 5 minutes and enjoy hot or refrigerate if desired!
I hope this was a helpful recipe for you, it has been a go-to of mine for pre-workout snacks and on-the-go breakfasts since I first tried it. Let me know if you try it out and what you think in the comments!